Why you don't date the British Why you don't date the British

An interesting exploration of the fragility of American masculinity. Not bad.

The Sketch Collab 2015 The Sketch Collab 2015

9 collabs and still going strong! This has to be one of the longest running collab series' on Newgrounds by now, surely! Good to see the dedication is still there after all this time.

I'd say watch out for some of the animators in here. A weirdly high number of Sketch Collab members go on to wind up with their own projects on the front page and with Daily Firsts. I guess it sort of acts like a "up and coming" showcase. :)

2nd attempt in claymation 2nd attempt in claymation

Cool stuff.

You've definitely got the movement of the objects running smooth, that is by far the best claymation I've seen in a while, but there's one or two bits that I think let it down.
At one point, right towards the end, the camera zooms out. Now, I don't know if this is intentional or not, but it seems to be very jumpy just on that last transition. The reason I don't know if it's intentional is because the animation on screen carries on as smooth as the rest of the video, and perhaps the jumpiness is used for effect.
The second thing is sometimes the lighting wasn't exactly ideal. I've tried my hand at claymation before, and I know that lighting is probably a lot more important and difficult than most people give it credit for.

But still, despite those little niggles, it was still a very good showcase of claymation. It's a bit like a clay version of one of those random fbf flashes that people sometimes do. Random, but still very enjoyable.

Destructo-Truck Destructo-Truck

It's entertaining and addictive, but...

... not anything new really. It's a bit like a cross between Indestructotank and Toss the Turtle, and even the concept of Toss the Turtle wasn't exactly shiny new. And it takes ages to get enough of the power ups to actually have any chance of getting the achievements. And then there's the fact that there are bonuses you're forced to pay real money for? Surely this is a huge miscalculation on the game designer's part, forgetting that the vast majority of the target audience is under 14, and so has no access to monetary funds online, and I doubt any sane parent would fork out money for something like this.

But despite all that, it's still an amusing game, and a good way for a bored person to be a little less bored.

Lots of people find this review helpful!

UFOMania 2. Neon Galaxy UFOMania 2. Neon Galaxy

Nice stuff.

I was always fond of UFOMania 1, and now I've finally found this.
I gotta say, the neon look was quite good, it gives it that sort of retro "asteriods" feel to it which works quite well. The introduction of the rotating planets was also a pretty neat idea, and is something that could be expanded on if you decide to make a UFOMania 3.
I also quite liked the new obstacles and the variety of planetary defences. They added a new twist, and I had to seriously rethink my strategy for some of the planets. If you keep your players on their toes, you're doing well as a game designer.
The only thing I think could help improve this game is a storyline. We know that these humans are being moved, but we don't know why. Perhaps there is a war going on? Maybe in UFOMania 3, you could have to fight enemy ships to get to the planet, or you could, while saving the majority of the humans, have to try and purposefully kill a specific few humans, who are marked out by being a different colour, say if the humans are usually yellow, there are red ones that you have to kill, for example. It's just a suggestion, I mean, you already have a good and pretty addictive game as it is.
Keep up the good work. :)

The English Book. The English Book.

Good concept, poor execution...

I think you're on to something good, and this game is certainly well coded, but the art quality, or lack thereof, really brought this down. Work longer on the art of the guy and the planes, and the general layout, and this will be much better.
And different types of planes wouldn't be too much to ask either. You know, faster ones, slower ones, ones that drop loads of bombs in a short amount of time, stuff like that.
Good try, but it needs a lot of work.

Farmallama responds:

Well, I didnt code it as I said and so I have no Idea lol. But anyway, it's meant to be sketchy and stuff lol. Thanks, anyway.

du best loop EvEr no question! du best loop EvEr no question!

Meh, it's ok.

It certainly loops well. Gets slightly annoying after a while though. If it was longer, then I think it would be better, but as is, it's ok. Not great though. Just, ok.

lgnxhll responds:

thank

Dream Catch Me (cover) Dream Catch Me (cover)

Really good :)

It's really close to the original, I mean, aside from the fact that that was all computer generated, but still. It could have really done with an acoustic guitar in the track, since the original is an acoustic song. I really feel like I need to take this and add my own guitar and vocals over it. If only there was co-authoring for the Audio Portal.

cecild responds:

Wow thanks man,
I mean if you wanto take it and add in your own vocals and guitar im more than happy for you to do that as long as you credit me for some of it.

Thanks for the great review.

Home Again Home Again

Cool peice music.

Nice track you got here. Sounds perfect for fitting lyrics to, and maybe you could add the guitar chords in. Good stuff.

Kid2Will responds:

If i can find someone who will make lyrics then im game.